Thursday 11 February 2016

Paycheque to Paycheque

Paycheque to Paycheque

Almost 60% of Canadians live paycheque to paycheque; yes you read that correctly.  

I was shocked at this statistic.  

                                      Money

I did a 'quick calculation' of my own finances, and I realized that I am 'almost' one of the 60% mentioned above.  

This is not good. 

Are you as well?

This is 'troubling' for high percentage of Canadians and Americans, and the remainder of the world.  

Also, I should state that this figure is the same as the year before amounts; therefore not much has improved to date for most citizens.  

What is the 'safe' amount to have saved for any unforeseen emergency?

It is recommended that we should have 'three months' salary put aside.  

Therefore, my recommendation to 'myself' and 'you' is that from this date on forward; put 10% of your wages in another bank account, or hide it in your home, to accumulate the three months figure.  

                                                     Save
 
Is this doable?

Check back with me in three months, and I will let you know if I have been able to consistently save a 'small' portion of my wages. 

Thank you for reading.  

Ben here

No comments:

Post a Comment