Tuesday 6 May 2014

The 2006 BBC version of Dracula

The 2006 BBC version of Dracula 

The 2006 BBC version of Dracula is loosely based on Bram Stoker’s novel.  I watched this movie over the weekend, and I must state, I was thrilled with this 'different' adaptation of the famous novel. 

I was truly entertained and was fascinated that the movie deviates from the original Bram Stoker storyline, and concentrates on tangents of its own, which obviously changes the characters and their motivations significantly. 

          Lord Arthur Holmwood

The movie brings with it the 'new' idea of 'Syphilis' and how the character Lord Arthur Holmwood can cure his 'deathly' condition by bringing a mysterious man, a Count Dracula, from Transylvania, to London.  

I was very much interested at the 'good' acting from all the characters, plus, I liked seeing 'new' and 'fresh' faces on these 'old' characters.  

          Dr Steward

In summary, I would recommend to everyone to make time to watch this version of Dracula.  There are memorable events and scenes in this production; plus the performances are all generally good; however the below actors especially were entertaining to watch:

Marc Warren - Count Dracula
Dan Stevens - Lord Arthur Holmwood
Tom Burke - Dr. John Seward

Thank you for reading,

Ben
🤓

No comments:

Post a Comment