Monday 14 August 2017

Lost my iPhone 6

Lost my iPhone 6+

Lost my iPhone 6+ by leaving it at the back seat of a yellow taxi in Istanbul.   Me and my son Ahmet were sitting in the back, while my wife was sitting in the front seat.  We had a conversation with the driver as he said that he was assigned to a station in Kucukyali of Istanbul.  However, we did not think to get his plate number, which would have made it easier to locate the driver later.  

Also, when getting out of the taxi, I noticed that it was actually a blue car, but painted yellow over it.   

Lastly, it was a small SUV type vehicle not a sedan.  

I hurried home, and my brother in law Gokhan completed a google search and found out that there were a minimum six taxi stations in Kucukyali, this was not a good news.  He called all of them, but no driver had brought back a phone to the station. 

I decided to go to Kucukyali and visit each taxi station.  Kucukyali was half an hour away by bus.  The first station I visited was called Kucukyali Merkez taxi, and the attendant advised me that they did not have a driver with the description I gave them, plus he advised me that there were ten taxi stations in Kucukyali and he gave me a list of all of them, this was more bad news for me.  

I walked to the following stations with out success:
Kucukyali Merkez,
Altmisuc,
Kilavuz,
Karayollar, 
Altintepe, and
Isik. 

I was getting exhausted and sweating, literally I was wet with sweat.  Plus, I was losing hope, actually I had lost hope already and I had walked for over two hours and I was feeling like I was wasting time now and in my mind, I thinking of having to organize my old phone as my new phone one again.  

The next taxi station on my list was Aydinevler, this station was north of the E5 highway, and therefore took me another 30 minutes of walking.  

I went into the station and spoke with the attendant and after my description of the car and the driver, he called the driver and the driver said "yes he had the iPhone", I was almost in tears, I was soo very happy.  The driver was on his way back to the station to give me my phone.  

I walked over to the near by corner store and bought one litre of coke, Fanta orange juice and lemonade as a gift to all the drivers at the station.  They were very pleased at this action of mine. 

The driver came, we hugged, I grabbed my phone and walked home with a smile and joy in my face.  The drivers name was Alaeddin.  

This was my last day in Istanbul prior to returning to Canada the next day, it will be the most memorable day of the entire trip as it has very low emotions to extreme high emotions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment