Thursday 2 January 2014

I am the Mayor

I am the Mayor

I read an article that was truelly ingenuous and witty, which I will share a part of it with you today.


The article was written by Mr Feschuk of Maclean's Magazine, for the November 18, 2013 edition.  I suggest you search it online and read it.  

What I will do is, re-write 'word for word' the last paragraph of this humorous article below.  

"My name is Rob Ford.  

I am your mayor.  

I drink to the point of stupor so often I refer to them as 'my drunken stupors'. 
I've been accused of sexual harassment, verbal harassment, pretty much all of the big harassments.  
I'm profane as hell. 
I've violated conflict of interest laws. 
Abused my power and position.  
The cops have been called to my house. 
I kicked citizens off a bus, so it could pick up my football team.  
My driver is up on extortion charges.  
Oh, and by the way, I smoke crack cocaine.  
That's my record as an elected official. 
And you know what? I still have a 43% approval rating. 
Don't ever try to tell me what's possible."

I thought it was a good read, thank you for visiting,

Ben


No comments:

Post a Comment